Thursday, August 19, 2010

Injury at school

I visited Emma today during my lunch hour as I am able to do every day. That is one of the perks of having your child enrolled in a daycare facility that is a 2 block walk from your office building. We had a good time at lunch. Emma ate her pineapple puree and then promptly fell asleep for her afternoon nap. I left the daycare knowing I would be back to pick her up around 3pm. Well, not so. At 2:15 I got a call from the daycare asking me to come over because there had been a little accident involving Emma. Well my heart started racing and I ran over. Emma was being held by one of her teachers and seemed content, but her teacher Ms. Susan was very upset and crying. "What happened?" I asked, "Are you o.k.?" Ms. Susan replied that she was o.k. and that she was sorry. 'Sorry for what?' went through my mind. So I went over to Emma and saw the bruise on her swelling lip. What happened? Well....
Ms. Susan had picked up Emma after she had woken from her nap and was making her way across the floor to the changing table when she lost her footing and balance and went down on her knees and then fell over onto her forearm all the while clutching Emma in her arms to her chest. I am not quite sure how Emma got the fat lip, but Ms. Susan's forearm was scraped up. Emma seemed to be fine, but I took her back to the office with me. While at the office, everyone came over to hug on and love little Emma. Of course being the social butterfly that she is, she allowed it. Here is Emma with her first official "boo-boo".


3 comments:

  1. Poor Emma! And poor Ms. Susan too... you know she had to have felt terrible! I've never fallen with Eli (knock on wood... at least not yet... knock knock), but I've come close, and it scared the bejesus out of me! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! How awful for everyone! That must have been really scary. Poor Emma and Miss Susan. Glad everyone is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no! I'm glad everyone is ok. Emma is sporting her bruise like a champ though!! Tough girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete