Friday, November 26, 2010

Emma's First Thanksgiving

Emma was visited by her Grandma Hall, Grandma O'Neil and Grandpa O'Neil for her first Thanksgiving. Emma enjoyed spending pre-dinner time with her Grandpa. I think she was telling him how excited she was to be able to sit at the adult table.

Here she is enjoyed mashed potatoes, turkey, and sweet potato casserole.
The next morning Emma and her mom and grandma were up early to go shopping for some black Friday deals. But we all had to bundle up first, because of the cold weather that had hit the Austin area during the night.
Because I had a list of who I needed to purchase gifts for, Emma had to endure a lot. We started at Khol's, then made our way to Costco, and finally into Barton Creek Mall. Emma was quite tired by this point, but after a wardrobe change and a bottle, she was ready to go meet Santa.
Santa was like no other Santa, he played the guitar between photo shoots, had a tambourine for the older children to play with and came over and chatted with Emma before the big picture. Of course, after having such an already busy day, after about 1 minute, Emma was done and let us all know it.
Mom and Grandma still had some shopping to do, so Emma decompressed and relaxed in a car stroller that usually would have cost $5 but that I found abandoned in JCPenny's and used for free. As you can see, Emma is picking up some of her father's bad habits by using only one hand on the wheel, leaning back against the seat, and putting her foot up on the dashboard.
Once we got back in the car and headed home, Emma promptly fell asleep. She had a busy day, but was such a good girl.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little surprised we didn't see y'all shopping... We were also at Kohl's and Barton Creek.

    ReplyDelete