Sunday, March 20, 2011

Train ride at Zilker park

This past week was spring break in Austin and many people came into the city to partake in the many events of SXSW (South by SouthWest for those of you not in the Austin area). Despite the many traffic horrors that an influx of approximately 20,000 extra people can bring, Emma, Aunt Alicia, and I decided to brave downtown Austin to visit Zilker park on Friday. On Friday, Emma's daycare was closed so I took off work. Alicia was also on spring break so had the week off and decided to come down and visit her one and only favorite niece.
It was a sunny afternoon and Emma enjoyed wandering around the park.

After some fun on a swing we hopped on the Zilker Zypher for a train ride.

The next day as T and I were doing some yard work, Emma decided to do a little dance on the front porch. I quickly grabbed the camera and captured Emma in action:


2 comments:

  1. The dancing pictures are so cute (and I like her outfit!). Also, I bet Eli would have loved Zilker train! We'll have to check that out some time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can't wait to take Gabe on the Zilker Zypher! What fun!

    ReplyDelete