Saturday, April 9, 2011

Potpourri Saturday

I realize that I have not posted in almost two weeks. Shame on me. Emma has developed new dance moves, learned to blow kisses, and increased her vocabulary in this short time. One of our little pleasures is coming home from work and playing with Emma. We turn on some music and she starts dancing. Sometime with her hands stretched up above her head and twirling in slow circles and sometimes in a crouch with knees bent and butt up shuffling her feet. I hope to capture her dance moves on video soon, but every time I have tried thus far, she stops dancing and is more interested in the video camera.
She can know say "Hi" and "Bye" in the correct context. She also had learned to shake her head side to side to indicate 'I don't want that'.

I apologize for not giving a prompt update to Emma's surgery. She had tubes inserted into her eardrums on Wednesday, March 29th and there has been a marked improvement to her mood. I feel perhaps that she had been living with some level of pain all her short little life. I am disappointed to announce that the tubes have not created the miracle of sleeping through the night. I was so hopeful. However, she still wakes up once or twice a night and some nights there is nothing that can get her back down but to put her in bed with us. It is a bad habit that we do not want to succumb to, but then the trade-off is getting sleep ourselves.

Because I have not been able to capture her shaking her booty, I decided just to post some random pictures of her these past few weeks.

Reading books with Daddy.

Rocking in my rocking chair.


I am ready for my close up.



Relaxing in my chair before I have to go to school.


Reading a book with Mommy.

2 comments:

  1. She looks so grown up sitting in her/your rocking chair with her purse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She can become a DJ in no time! :)

    ReplyDelete