This past weekend I, along with my friend Megan, took Emma to see Santa Clause at the Barton Creek Mall in Austin. I waited until she got up from her nap and headed up to Austin to meet Megan at the mall. We found Santa right away and the line did not look all that long so we got into place and waited. Thank goodness for the mini-train that went around the Christmas scene. Emma was captivated by the train. She did not ask to get on the train, but just wanted to watch it go round and round. That made the 1 hour and 15 minute wait a little more bearable. When it was our turn to finally see Santa, Emma promptly threw herself onto the ground in front of him and refused to move. There I am, 9 months pregnant, appearing in front of a line of what seemed liked hundreds of judging eyes, under the gaze of Santa, with a child that appears to be about to throw a tantrum. I do not know what I did, but there was no leg kicking and the crying didn't start. I persuaded Emma to sit on my lap as I sat next to Santa. She conceded, but wanted her stuffed dog to hold onto for comfort.
That is why I am in the picture of Emma with Santa. That is why Emma looks sceptical. That is why Santa is trying to comfort me. That is why in this picture I am smiling like a silly, stressed-out mom.
I hope your holiday photo's capture the essence of Christmas.
That's a story to remember! hehee
ReplyDelete