To make a long story short.... Emma had what I thought were two ant bites on her buttock area. They may have indeed been bites, but they got infected and turned into a 3 inch by 2 inch puss lump. I took her to the pediatrician on Thursday evening and she pressed a tsp of puss out of her wound. I took her back in on Friday morning and the pediatrician told me it was time to go to the Dell Children's Hospital. At 1:45 Emma went under the knife to drain the abscess. She now has 3 small incisions in the crook of her leg and small tubes running through those incisions in order to keep them open so that the abscess can continue to drain. Here is our girl getting ready to go into surgery.


Here is our little trooper after the 20 minute surgery.

I have to change the wound dressing twice a day, keep her on anti-biotics, and soak her for 15 minutes twice a day in warm water. She is on tylenol with codeine for the pain. Today she seems more herself than she has in the past few days. Thank you all for the prayers during this situation.
Hopefully Emma will recover and get back onto her feet soon! Hang in there! Kel
ReplyDeleteYou are such a great mom to have been paying attention. I know you must be worried. Emma looks like she is doing much better. Thank goodness. Let us know if you need anything.
ReplyDeleteOh no... She looked great this morning though, playing and crawling and taking toys away from Mac (which he deserved, haha)!! Hope she continues to heal quickly!
ReplyDeleteWhoa! I had no idea. Like Marci said she seemed just fine this morning. She was crawling around and playing with the others. Glad she is recovering so fast! How awful for all of you!
ReplyDeleteOh, my goodness! I am glad that all is going well. They're fantastic at Dell and it sounds like they did a wonderful job.
ReplyDelete